Wayne Williams drove in for the Game 7 of the World Series. He's not at the ballpark, but he is watching it with his dad. We had a pact. When the Cubs - not if, when - the Cubs got into the World Series, we would make sure we listen to the games together," Williams said. More
Stephanie Potakis is the casting director for The Onion, and A.V. Club which is the sister site of The Onion. For 22 years, Stephanie has been a vegetarian. She became a vegetarian in the fourth grade. Her reasons were out of concern for the environment and wanting to, in her words, “save the world.”
But she’s a woman who understands the value of a good story which in her case means the public getting to see her try some meat for the first time in over two decades.
Officials estimate that 5 million people showed up to the Chicago Cubs parade and rally Friday, making it the 7th largest gathering in human history.The Cubs celebration crowd even beat out the 3.5 million people who went to Rod Stewart's 1994 concert in Rio.
The following are the largest human gatherings in history:
1. Kumbh Mela pilgrimage, India, 2013 - 30 million
2. Arbaeen festival, Iraq, 2014 - 17 million
3. Funeral of CN Annadurai, India, 1969 - 15 million
4. Funeral of Ayatollah Khomeini, Iran, 1989 - 10 million
5. Papal gathering in the Philippines, 2015 - 6 million
6. World Youth Day, 1995 - 5 million